Short Presentations and Travelogues
Recommended length for these topics is 30 minutes to 1½ hours.
Any presentation can be customized to meet the requirements of your group.
(See contact information at the bottom of this page.)
- Stories about my travels and how a six-month trip turned into a two-year odyssey.
- Includes inspiring stories, images, and readings from my journal
- Concluding with some tips for embarking on a long-term journey
I usually include time at the end for Q&As about how I travel.
Stories about traveling with a work-in-progress knitted scarf who took on a personality of his own.
- How I introduced Hamish to the world
- Connecting with other knitters and spinners
- Readings from Hamish’s blog and images of the friends he made.
- Concluding with information about thematic travel in general and Q&A’s
I spent two of our winters in Peru (summer in Peru) living and exploring the food and fiber. When I travel, I do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions of locals to find the hidden treasures where few tourists ever go. Some require a bit of effort to get to, but many are right under the tourist’s nose. In this presentation, I will share a few of my “finds” in and around the Sacred Valley and Puno. But more importantly, I will show you how you can find hidden treasures wherever you go.
Stories of my pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago del Norte in 2017:
- A day in the life of a pilgrim
- Special moments and adventures
- The benefits of the del Norte and Primitivo routes to Santiago
Q&A session with recommendations and resources for planning a Camino.
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Fishing? Woodworking? Sewing? Painting? Gardening? Birdwatching? Gaming?
Thematic Travel will provide unique opportunities to interact with locals and make new friends while participating in the activities that you enjoy the most.
In this workshop, using examples from my own travels, I will cover:
- Connecting with locals
- How Creativity blossoms
- Strategies for planning your own thematic journey
Includes on-line resources for planning your own thematic journey.
What is Long Term Travel like?
Long term travel is not for everyone. How do you decide if it is for you? In this workshop I talk about the pros and cons of this travel style and share my research and planning strategies.
Includes on-line resources to help you determine if long-term and “slow” travel is for you.
What I provide:
- Anecdotal presentation customized for your group
- Slideshow (optional)
- Informational handouts
- Publicity materials with descriptions and bio. (posters, handouts, images, etc.)
What you provide:
- Area with chairs for attendees
- Small table for my laptop
- Projector with hookups and screen (if required for slide show/Powerpoint)
- Publicity/invitations/registrations (as required) to your group or community
To request a presentation or workshop:
Send an email to cathy@CathleensOdyssey.com with information about your group, dates and times that will work for you and your contact email and/or phone number.